Studio Gallery 1311, LLC, (SG1311) is an exhibition gallery and artist's studio located in La Crosse, WI at 1311 Market Street. The gallery features changing exhibits of work by national and regional artists. In addition, the gallery hosts art classes/workshops and special events. SG1311 was founded in 1974 by the late Dr. William P. Vafeas (1922-2011) and now represents his art estate. Open during special events, by appointment or chance.
1. This is an invitational show, meaning exhibiting artists receive an individual invitation from the Secret Committee relayed via email or by the Gallery. The invitation is for a specific show only.
2. The committee selects artists for participation based on several factors including the media, quality of work, and "fit" with the guerrilla format or a particular show. While it is a subjective process, the committee does try to be inclusive so please do be patient. Note that every show will have a mix of professionals, semi-professionals, and students, as well a wide range of media. Some participants may be invited back to the following show and so on.
3. The quantity of work that can be shown by an invited artist will be specifically stated in the invitation email. Note that number of works that can be displayed will l vary from artist to artist based on the committee's vision for a particular show.
4. Things the committee notices and considers for inviting artists back: Good: excellent presentation, visual impact of work, following the guidelines/instructions. Bad: not following instructions/guidelines, poor presentation of work, pricing not in accordance with the guidelines/instructions.
5. To be considered, submit your CV and link to your work via email to the gallery who will then pass it on the committee (firstname.lastname@example.org).
6. If you haven't heard from the committee in a while, check back in to let us know you are still interested in participating.